Who We are
CelluForce is the world leader in the commercial production of CelluForce NCC® a form of Cellulose NanoCrystals (CNC). Produced from the cellulose in trees, CNC is abundant, renewable and biodegradable.
The core properties of CelluForce NCC® improve performance in materials such as:
- Oil and Gas
- Paper and non-wovens
- Plastics and Composites
- Paints and Coatings
- Personal Care
- Health Care
- Food and Beverages
How We Do It
CelluForce operates the world’s largest CNC plant, capable of producing 300 tonnes of high quality material per year. Backed by large industrial players, we have access to a strong R&D network that allows us to:
- Support the development of applications
- Formulate new and existing products
- Develop specialised cellulosic products that can be used jointly with NCC or by themselves
Building from the discovery of CNC, our extensive patent portfolio covers both the production and some of the applications of CelluForce NCC® and specialty cellulosic products.
Innovation and creativity are the backbone of CelluForce. In addition to our core team of highly experienced scientists and engineers, our widespread collaborative efforts result in a capable, expert network that includes:
- Leading global companies
- Research organizations
This network actively pursues key elements to advance the industrial applications and manufacturing of CelluForce NCC®. Every day, our team helps small, medium, and large companies develop new and innovative solutions for product performance.
With access to over 50 patent families, CelluForce has the largest CNC patent portfolio in the world.
Combining our expertise in CNC properties and behaviours with the application knowledge of our customers, we facilitate a fast product development process.This efficient development process results in CNC which can be used as is or functionalized for additional properties and benefits in industrial applications.
CelluForce is committed to upholding the highest standards in Health, Safety and Environment. As a clean-tech company, the welfare of our employees and the environment is essential. Our commitments include:
- Limiting our use of resources in the production process
- Using the best available technologies to minimize our environmental impact
- Obtaining pulp supplies from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified sources
- Proactively managing health and safety at every level of our company, from upper management to the shop floor
- Continually reviewing our methods and practices for potential improvements