CelluForce Inc., the world leader in the commercial development of NanoCrystalline Cellulose (CelluForce NCC™), announced today the appointment of Sebastien Corbeil as chief executive officer, effective immediately. Acting president René Goguen returns to his position as vice president, manufacturing.
Mr. Corbeil has extensive international business experience spanning more than 20 years in a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, microelectronics, and food and beverage. Most recently, he was vice president for EnGlobe Corp, a global leader in soil, materials and environmental engineering. His list of achievements include successful implementation of turnaround plans to improve quality of service, customer satisfaction and profitability, important acquisitions and integrations, as well as delivering complex technology projects on time and under budget. Prior to that, he was with global energy player GDF SUEZ, where he led business development efforts throughout eastern and western Europe and northern Africa. He was responsible for managing water, waste and bioenergy. Mr. Corbeil also holds several patents from his time working on important R&D initiatives with Air Liquide in Chicago, USA.
Mr. Corbeil has a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in chemical engineering from McGill University, as well as a Master’s in Business Administration from DePaul University in Chicago.
• CelluForce manufactures NCC in the world’s first demonstration plant of its kind, located in Windsor, Québec. Its shareholders are Domtar Inc., FPInnovations and Schlumberger Canada Ltd.
• In February, Sustainable Development Technology Canada announced that it will contribute $4 million to optimize the extraction process of NCC from dry wood pulp and develop applications for its use in the oil and gas sector. In March, Schlumberger, the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions for the global oil and gas industry, invested in CelluForce and signed a strategic alliance with the company to explore the potential of NCC’s use in oil and gas well production.
• NCC is a recyclable, nontoxic, and renewable nanomaterial extracted extracted from forest biomass and has unique properties that offer a wide range of potential applications. Measured in units as small as nanometres, these tiny structures have strength properties comparable to steel and will have uses in a variety of industrial sectors.
"Sebastien has proven strategic and leadership skills in a global business and a strong record of value creation. I’m very confident that the combination of his strategic vision, the outstanding employees of CelluForce and the great potential of NanoCrystalline Cellulose, a high-value nanomaterial used to manufacture uniquely enhanced industrial products, will ensure that the company's best days of performance are yet to come."
- Yves Nadon, Chairman of the Board, CelluForce and Chief Financial Officer, FPInnovations
• Major Oil and Gas Player Schlumberger Joins CelluForce: http://ow.ly/M2Krn
• SDTC Funds Development of Oil and Gas Applications from Forest Biomass: http://ow.ly/M2KAx